Hotels in Bugibba
Planning to spend a holiday on the seaside resort town of Bugibba? Look no further than this handy guide on Bugibba. This will give ideas on where to go in Bugibba, what to do, how to get there and which hotel to stay in Bugibba. This guide also gives ideas on what is the best time to visit Malta and what to expect from the people. At the end of the article are some reviews of a selection of hotels in Bugibba.
A small but bustling resort town that is a favourite summer get-away, the town of Bugibba offers activities to even the pickiest traveller. Summer home of the country’s president, Bugibba boast of crystal clear waters, shops and a very active nightlife. Get to know Bugibba and its people before even setting foot in this famous resort town in the middle of the Mediterranean where the sun and sea is warm and the people are just as warm and passionate.
 Bugibba and the surroundings
Bugibba is located in the north east coast of Malta and is one of the largest seaside resorts in Malta. It boasts of fantastic open sea panoramas and deep, clear blue waters that is good for swimming and snorkelling or deep sea diving. The coastline although rocky has flat rocks that will invite sunbather to spread a towel and bask in the Mediterranean sun. There are also a number of man-made beaches. Since it is a small town, hotels in Bugibba are practically minutes away from each other as well as the restaurants and shops so looking for provisions like food and drinks are generally within reach.
 When to visit Bugibba
The best time to visit Bugibba is during the summer where the season lasts for almost eight (8) months starting in April up to August or November where the weather is hot, dry and very sunny, the perfect time to hit the beach. The temperature may reach 31 degrees Celsius during the month of August. Climate in the island is considered stable all throughout the year although expect some rain during the month of April. The average temperature year round ranges from 15 to 22 degrees Centigrade from night to day respectively. January is the coldest month where the temperature is between 12 to 20 degrees Centigrade. It boasts of the warmest of winters among its Euro counterparts which ranges from a day time temperature of 15 degrees to 16 degrees Centigrade and a night time temperature of 9 degrees to 10 degrees Centigrade during the months of January to February.
 About Bugibba and Malta
Aside from the sea, majestic pools from the different hotels in Bugibba, shops and restaurants, Bugibba has arcades, bars, pubs and one of the largest cinemas in Malta. The town also boast of live entertainment just don’t expect any activity during the hottest part of the day, midday since most shops are close. The best time to enjoy the town’s entertainment, bars and pubs is during the night where the island literally comes alive to savor the cool night air. Bugibba is a resort town and for travellers who want to shop for quality, it is best to shop in Valletta and Sliema. For those looking for entertainment, the town’s center is a hub of activity during the night, from bars, to discos or karaoke for the party animal Malta is sometimes referred to as the place of opposites and opposition. Blame it on the number of influences in this small island and the rich and passionate temperament of the Mediterranean. Although in general friendly, the Maltese can be passionate when taking sides and temperaments flare and is the norm in Malta. Expect this when dealing with drivers especially bus drivers in Malta and don’t be frazzled when arguments erupt in the smallest of spaces. Just take it in stride and accept it as part of the culture and an endearing part of the trip and vacation. Malta is generally an English speaking country where one knows a lot of their country and is proud to show it. Asking for directions is no problem since almost everyone knows English. The Maltese language is a mix of Semitic or (Arabian in origin), English, Italian and French languages. A traveller adept in the Arabic language can generally understand Maltese since these languages are very similar.
 List of Hotels in Bugibba
Here is a small list of hotels available in Bugibba. There are 16 hotels in the area ranging from 5 stars to apartment hotels. Tourism is a major industry in Malta thus accommodations are available for every type of traveller. Hotels in Bugibba ranges from the 5 star to 3 star hotels and properties that will fit any budget and any type of traveller.
- One of the more popular hotels in Bugibba is the Bugibba Hotel. It has 300 rooms that are well designed with comfort for the traveller in mind. It is located near the coastline and accessible to the main square, the bars, shops and restaurants. It is 15 miles away from the airport or about 45 minutes transfer time.
- Hotel San Pawl is just a short distance walk from the coastline that is great for sunbathing and water sports. It is a 3 star hotel with an outdoor seawater pool and a children’s pool. It has guest rooms with terraces or balconies, an indoor swimming pool and a sauna.
- Relax Inn Hotel is also just minutes away from the sea where shops, restaurants and bars as well as casinos and nightspots are within walking distance. With a 3 star rating in its belt this hotel have 40 rooms with a swimming pool, a gaming room. It is 15 miles away from the airport or about 45 minutes transfer time.
- The Crown Hotel is a hotel suitable for couples with 84 rooms and boast of 2 swimming pools, a large roof top swimming pool and an indoor pool. It is situated 500 meters from the coastline and is less than a mile from the center of town. The hotel’s restaurant serves a broad range of cuisine but served in a relaxed and casual setting.
- The Coral Hotel is situated a few minutes away from the center of town from the restaurants and shops although the hotel is set up in such a way that it resembles a boutique. It has a rooftop swimming pool where guests share with another hotel and apartment hotel. This hotel is a great place to stay for couples and families looking for a comfortable accommodation and great view of Bugibba.
- The Dolmen Resort Hotel and Spa has a 4 star rating and is located at the coastline itself and boast of a spectacular view of the peninsula. It has 375 guest rooms and 38 suites with the majority of rooms having balconies. The hotel has its own casino, two restaurants – buffet and a la carte, bars, night club and a beach club with a Caribbean theme with amenities for water sports and bar and restaurant. The hotel also has four (4) swimming pools and one exclusively for children. The hotel boasts of its spa combined with therapy rooms, indoor pool and a sauna. For guests who love tennis the hotel has 2 tennis courts. There are activities for the children as well especially during the summer and regular entertainment at night.
- The San Antonio Hotel and Spa is located in the center of Qawra and is of of the best spa hotels on the island. Moroccan in style, the spa hotel has a swimming pool, a beach and bars and restaurants serving local and international cuisine, pizza and pastries.
With sixteen hotels in Bugibba, any traveller with ranging from backpackers to those who want only the best of services, Bugibba has a lot of choices to offer. Bookings and reservations needs to be done ahead since summer is usually packed with travellers. Online reservations are also available.
 Transportation to the hotels
Most accommodations in Bugibba and the town itself is roughly 15 miles away from the airport. Malta has only one international airport and transportation to the resorts and hotels can be by bus or by taxi. Although normal travel takes only maximum 45 minutes to cross the island, Maltese residents love cars and this is evident in the traffic that meets every tourist visiting this country. A ride through the city is an adventure unto itself with drivers speeding along, including bus drivers. With its Mediterranean temperament, every traveller needs to expect traffic altercations along the way. Bus routes are frequent between towns so transportation is not a problem. For those who want more privacy, taxis are available with the same Mediterranean temperament so don’t take anything personally. After all travel to another country is an adventure.
Travelling to Malta and then in Bugibba is an adventure for the senses and experiencing the island’s culture a joy. With fellow travellers from different parts of the globe, enjoy and experience this unique island. Book early for reservations for a hassle free vacation and with the different hotels in Bugibba, any type of traveller can find the hotel that will meet his requirement, from apartment hotels to 5 star hotels.
- List of Hotels in Malta
- Article on Hotels in Valletta
- Article on Hotels in Sliema
- Article on Hotels in Mellieha
- Other Holiday Accommodation in Malta