Hotels in Mellieha
Finding the best hotels in Mellieha can greatly enhance your stay in this beautiful village, which has been recognized as one of the European Destinations of Excellence. Mellieha is becoming increasingly popular with tourists due to its beautiful sandy beaches, which are considered among the finest in the world, as well as its many sites of historical interest. The village has also become renowned for the variety of flora and fauna that can be seen around the area, including many rare species. Mellieha has a multitude of hotels that tourists can stay in, which are ideal for honeymooning couples, families with children and even vacationing businessmen since they offer a range of accommodations designed to cater to every tourist’s needs along with an assortment of luxurious facilities including indoor pools as well as in-house restaurants, bars and spas. Hotels in Mellieha are also a great choice to host business conferences, as they offer spacious conference rooms as well as all the necessary amenities.
Visitors will want to book a stay in the best hotels in Mellieha to get the most out of their stay in this beautiful tourist destination in Malta. Mellieha has been awarded one of the European Destinations of Excellence (EDEN) in 2009, a designation that is given to tourist sites that promote sustainable development. The award is also intended to call attention to relatively little-known European destinations in the EU’s 27 member states and its candidate countries.
Mellieha is becoming an increasingly popular tourist site because of its great natural beauty. The beaches that line the village’s coast are considered some of the finest in the world and are a major tourist draw in summer. The village is also home to many rare wildlife species as well as many colorful birds. But there is more to Mellieha than its natural attractions as it is home to many intriguing historical and archaeological sites, which tourists will want to spend hours exploring. Hotels in Mellieha will give them a comfortable place to stay while enjoying everything Mellieha has to offer.
 Mellieha hotel reviews/ Mellieha hotel guide
Here is a brief guide to some of the best hotels in Mellieha:
- The Hotel Panorama. Located just outside Mellieha, the Hotel Panorama is a cozy hotel ideal for vacationing couples and is one of the more affordable hotels in Mellieha.. The family-owned hotel offers 120 rooms, all of which have balconies with breathtaking views of the largest Maltese beach as well as the surrounding countryside of Gozo and Comino, Mellieha’s two sister islands. Facilities include a sundeck and seawater pool and all rooms have amenities such as TV with access to news and movies channels, direct-dial telephone and in-room hairdryers.
- Luna Holiday Complex. One of the affordable three-star rated hotels in Mellieha, the Luna Holiday Complex is located beside Mellieha Bay and provides some of the best views of Mellieha and the surrounding Mediterranean Sea. The facilities available at the hotel include a fitness room, scuba diving center, open-air pools and in-house Internet café and food store. The hotel has 114 self-catering rooms with fully-equipped kitchenettes that allow you to prepare your own meals as well as their own private balcony from which you can enjoy spectacular views of Mellieha Bay or the surrounding countryside.
- Mellieha Holiday Centre. Located next to one of Malta’s most famous sandy beaches, the Mellieha Holday Centre features 150 single-floor, self-contained guest bungalows, including three-room holiday homes and one-room studios with twin beds. Hotel facilities include an outdoor pool as well as a children’s paddling pool and a variety of in-house dining, including the a la carte restaurant The Great Dane that serves international and Maltese dishes, Dynasty that offers Chinese food and Randazzo, which allows you to choose which cut of meat you will have prepared. An ideal place to stay for families or couples, with children’s clubs available during school holidays plus a variety of activities including table tennis, mini golf, football and a children’s playground. Other facilities available at the Centre include an in-house Internet café, supermarket (where many Maltese specialties can be found) and a laundry. Visitors can also enjoy wellness treatments at the Savannah Body and Skin Care Lounge such as facials and massages.
- Pergola Hotel. A four-star rated hotel, the Pergola offers a wide range of accommodations and is located just a few minutes’ walk from some of the most popular beaches in Malta. Tourists have their choice of self-catering deluxe one and two-bedroom apartments, studio apartments that can house up to three people and standard rooms and suites as well as a variety of facilities. In-house facilities include a fitness center, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi while outdoor facilities include a sun deck and two outdoor pools with a children’s paddling pool. In addition, one can book a range of diving holidays for all experience types ranging from guided dives to all-ages ‘Snorkel Safaris’.
- Solana Hotel. One of the four-star hotels in Mellieha, the Solana offers standard deluxe suites, studio apartments and one-bedroom apartments, each of which has its own fully-equipped kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities and in-room dining facilities, DVD facilities, individually-controlled air conditioning, direct-dial telephone and satellite TV. Leisure facilities include an indoor and outdoor pool, a TV area and a kid’s room while in-house restaurants include the Bellini that serves local and international cuisine and the Café Puccini coffee shop where you can enjoy a selection of baguettes and homemade pastries, salads and assorted coffee specialties. And during summer, the rooftop Vista del Mar bar is open and offers breathtaking views of Mellieha as well as delicious snacks and refreshing drinks from the bar.
- Maritim Hotel Antonine. One of the most luxurious 4-star hotels in Mellieha, the Maritim Antonine offers a variety of accommodations, ranging from standard, deluxe, comfort and prestige rooms to Superior, Penthouse and La Salita suites. The Maritim is also ideal for business conferences as it has a range of theater-style conference halls, including the Melea, the Ana and the Arches. In addition, one can enjoy fine cuisine from the Maritim’s in-house restaurants, including the Les Jardins, which offers a variety of local and international cuisine in breakfast and diner buffets and the authentically Maltese Al Ponte Pizzeria and Bistro, which offers Mediterranean cuisine as well as a variety of domestic and foreign wines.
- Riviera Resort and Spa. Located just across the channel from Comino and Gozo, the Riviera is a four-star hotel that has 250 lavishly-furnished regular rooms and luxury rooms and suites, all of which have in-room satellite TV, direct-dial telephone and mini-bar as well as an ensuite bathroom with in-room hairdryer. There are also a variety of in-house restaurants and bars that offer not just Mediterranean cuisine but also superb seaside views. And tourists can indulge in wellness treatments at the in-house Elysium Spa, with a variety of massage and beauty treatments as well as facilities such as an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, steam and spa saunas and hydrotherapy treatments.
- Ramla Bay Resort. Offering a variety of accommodations designed to meet the different needs of guests, the Ramla Bay’s 280 en-suite rooms include Comfort and Panoramic Rooms as well as Panoramic Deluxe Sea View and Panoramic Junior Sea View Suites with standard amenities including private balcony or terrace, in-room satellite TV, direct-dial telephone, room safe and mini-bar. In addition, the Ramia can boast of a private beach, an in-house water sports center and the relaxing Spa du Soleil, as well as a variety of fine dining choices including The Horizon, which serves sumptuous breakfast, lunch and diner buffets and the Mediterranean restaurant Alang-Alang, which is open during the summer months and serves an assortment of delicious pizzas, pastas and grill dishes. The Ramla is also a great place to hold business meetings and conferences as it has a range of indoor and outdoor venues with catering available upon request.
- Paradise Bay Resort Hotel. One of the more affordable hotels in Mellieha, the Paradise Bay offers 276 guest rooms, including Bay View and Sea View rooms and suites with standard amenities including in-room satellite TV with over 25 channels, direct-dial telephone, en-suite bathroom with hair dryer and mini-refrigerator, with Wi-Fi available in some rooms for an extra charge. In-house dining facilities include the Il-Merill that offers local and Mediterranean cuisine and the Island’s Edge Bistro that serves light snacks such as pizza and burgers as well as breakfast, and two bars – The Cockrel and The Kaninchen – that serve a selection of local and imported beers and liquors as well as offering smoking and non-smoking sections.
 Booking tips
Once visitors have decided which hotels in Mellieha they are interested in staying in, here are some tips to help book the best accommodations:
- Book as early as possible. With the increasing popularity of Mellieha as a tourist destination, hotels in Mellieha are sure to be filled up early, particularly during the peak summer season.
- Book by phone. Most hotels in Mellieha have phone numbers through which tourists can reach them and talk to a booking clerk directly to guarantee your reservation. Make sure to confirm room rates, check-out times and other vital information as well as recording the reservation number and the name of the person to that one is dealing with. And when calling, call in the afternoon or evening, since mornings are hectic times for the hotel since these are when guests check out.
- Be aware of how long hotels in Mellieha will hold reservations so one won’t arrive to find that the room has been given away in case of unforeseen circumstances such as flight delays and traffic. Tourists can also guarantee their reservation by providing their credit card numbers. Guaranteeing the reservation will also ensure that the hotel will have an obligation to find alternative accommodations in case the reservation is accidentally lost.
Following these tips when booking with hotels in Mellieha will ensure a great stay when one visits this idyllic seaside town.