List of tourist attractions in Malta
This article is a list of tourist attractions and things to do in Malta. See also the article about tourist accommodation in Malta.
- Ħaġar Qim. A megalithic temple complex dating from the Ġgantija phase (3600-3200 BC).
- Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni.The only prehistoric underground temple in the world.
- Scuba diving.The Maltese coast is excellent for scuba diving and the coastline of Malta and Gozo are scattered with nice diving locations and diving schools.
- Water Sports. Malta is great for water sports, both sailing and motor boats and other varieties.
- Horseback riding - Malta has a long tradition for horseback riding and horse racing.
- Sandy beaches or rocky bathing spots. Malta offers plenty of swimming and sunbathing on both sandy and rocky beaches.
- St. John's Co-Cathedral. St. John's Co-Cathedral in Valletta - home of the Knights (Grand Masters) of Malta.
- Markets in Malta. Malta is home to many flea and food markets open every day throughout the year.
- The Mosta Dome. Rotunda of St Marija Assunta is among the largest domes in the world.
- Boat Cruises.There are several small and big operators that offers boat cruises on Malta. Many of these operate from The Strand in Sliema.
- Trekking and Rock Climbing. Malta has many very scenic trekking routes around the island.
- Events and festivals.The Malta fireworks festival in May and the many Maltese festas offers a lot of fun.
- Nightlife. The nightlife in Paceville in Malta is legendary and is often compared to that of Aya Napa on Cyprus.